Saturday, January 12, 2013

What company has forever lost your business? Why?

I found this question asked on the web site Reddit and I am posting some of the answers minus the bad language. As a owner of a small business I know I can learn from others mistakes however I would never Lie, Cheat, or Steal because I follow my God's rules and of course the Golden Rule. To all other Companies and you know who you are it is time to stop the abuse you provide to your customers, and stop chasing the almighty dollar and earn it the right way! *****Please fill free to add to the list as we want to know What Company lost your Business and Why?





AT&T.
I called them once to see if they could provide me with better/cheaper internet service than my ISP that I had at the time. All I did was ask for a price and hang up. A week later I got a modem in the mail.
So I called them and asked why they had sent me a modem. They said I had ordered internet service with them, and I told them that I had not. I said that they created an account and initiated service without my consent and to please void the bill and cancel my service. They said they would do that and that they would send me a shipping label to send the modem back.
Three weeks later, no shipping label, but I got a bill for one month of (very expensive) internet service that I had not ordered or used. So I called them again. I said that I told them the story--that I had never ordered internet service and that I had already called them once to try to cancel my service and send the modem back. The customer service rep assured me that the problem was solved and profusely apologized for the situation. He said that he was canceling my account and voiding all charges while he was on the phone with me. He said that I would receive a shipping label within a few weeks and to please send the modem back and that would be the end of everything.
After another month I received another bill for two months with a fee for not paying my previous months' bill on time. I called AT&T again. I'm usually polite to customer service reps because I know that they're just people trying to do their job and that their company's bullshit isn't their fault. But this time I lost it. I said that if I ever received another bill from them I would call a lawyer.
This apparently got their attention because I got a higher up on the line. The dude said that he was cancelling my account, voiding the charges and sending me a shipping label to return the modem on the phone just like the last two times I had called. I just laughed and hung up. Apparently this dude actually did because I got the shipping label and never got another bill. I returned their modem and swore that I would never give AT&T a dime of my money as long as I lived.

AT&T: Bought out my smaller provider with excellent customer service, coverage, and price. They replaced it all with *#@*at higher prices. Ditched them for Virgin.
 
TeleFlora - You had one job ! Not only did they NOT deliver my wife's flowers on valentines day, but they didn't contact me or anything. Called that evening and they apologized and said they would send the next day. Bzzt sill no flowers. Called and cancelled the order. Wife was sad.
How does a flower delivery company not deliver flowers?!?

Petco. About a year ago, one of their respective stores was right in the path of a major storm that caused a lot of flooding. I think it might have been in upstate NY. They evacuated the store, but left all the animals in cages to drown to death. The employees pleaded with management to be allowed to take the animals home and management refused. Insurance. *#@* Petco.

DirecTV. They would not send a tech out to my house even though that's what was needed, and then, when I threatened to cancel my service, the person on the phone said "please do" and cheerfully helped cancel my service.
That would be bad enough, but ever since, I am getting mail from DirecTV a few times a month asking me to come back. No thank you, there is no point: if I ever had trouble with it, I don't believe they're sending anyone to help me, anyway.
Out of the year of service that I had, fully 4 months was dropped channels, recording the wrong channel, service completely out, etc. Netflix has DirecTV to thank for us being customers, as I talked hubby into Netflix so that when we wanted to watch TV after a hard day, we'd have something available.

No comments:

Post a Comment